4 slices of bacon
1 link Italian sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 oz. cream cheese6 large jalapenos
1. Cook bacon half way, cut each slice into thirds and set aside.
2. Remove casing from sausage, cook until crumbly and brown. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine garlic, all the cheeses and the cooled sausage and mix well.
4. Using gloves, remove the stem from each jalapeno, leaving the top intact, and slice each jalapeno length-wise. Remove the seeds and membrane from each one.
5. Evenly stuff each jalapeno with the cheese/meat mixture (tip: stuff to slightly above the sides of the pepper because some settling will occur but not too full or it will run over the sides.) and place one piece of bacon on top of each pepper. Lay on a sheet of tin foil.
6. Grill over high heat until cheese is bubbly and pepper bottoms start to turn brown/black. They will be super hot so allow to cool before eating.
This makes 12 poppers so for a big crowd we usually multiply it by 2 or 3.
This can be done in the oven as well.
Recipe by Christina and Brandt Brinkerhoff
Photo by Haley Rencher